Job Location: Toronto, ON, Canada - ONLY - No Relocation, No Remote
Founded in 2014, Decentral is Toronto-based innovation hub with a focus on decentralized tech and blockchain software development. Our flagship product, Jaxx Wallet, is a leading multi-token, multi-platform cryptocurrency wallet with 50x growth since the beginning of the year. Our team is growing rapidly to meet the demands of our ever-growing user base and we are looking for rock stars to join us in revolutionizing the new digital world!
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-4 years of web and mobile application development related experience. Knowledge of the blockchain space, including Bitcoin and Ethereum is a plus.
You’ll be reporting to our Chief Technical Officer in contributing to the development of Jaxx, our fleet of multi-currency, multi-platform wallet. You will also be helping us to design the next generation of decentralized software and hardware solutions.
- Both front & back-end web development
- Design overall architecture of the web application.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Other tasks/projects as assigned/required
Education, Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or relevant field
- Experience in testing and validation to ensure the quality and functionality of apps
- Experience with git source code repositories - Github, Bitbucket, etc.
- Proficiency working with any framework as Angular, React or Backbone
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in automated testing frameworks, object-oriented concepts, Angular, Bootstrap 4, Nodejs, Express.js, MongoDB, MySQL, Amazon Aurora and Web API’s
- Experience developing for Android and iOS mobile platforms
- Ability to write modularize code
- Ability to run or perform code reviews
- Experience working in a start-up
- Experience with Amazon Web Services will be a big plus
- A passion for clean and friendly UX
- Knowledge of Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Technology is an asset
- Collaborative open office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Decentral Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.